Sunday, June 29, 2014

Museum, Movie, Market, Play, and Sermon

Sup Readers (Mom, Future Me, Dad?)

After the hazy acid trip of jet lag, London has been absolutely amazing.


When I get back to the states, ask me if I revisited the British Museum. If I say no, slap me in the face. Because for real, it's amazing. They have everything. I didn't get even close to seeing all I want to, and goodness knows I didn't take enough pictures. But. It's ok! Because I believe in taking the real-life time to appreciate and enjoy what's right in front of your nose. Plus, you can find pictures of objects and buildings on the Google. (This just means I need more pictures of myself. But...selfies? Eh.)

THIS IS THE REAL ROSETTA STONE.





After the British Museum (which I WILL be returning to) I went over to the BFI (British Film Institute) with a small group. (By the way, when I walked out my door that morning wearing my Twenty One Pilots shirt, I ran into a guy from the group who was ALSO wearing a Twenty One Pilots shirt! His name is Tree. Instant best friends.) We spent some time in the bookstore and then spent two hours in the mediatheque watching Alfred Hitchcock (The 39 Steps). I...fell asleep for 20 minutes. In the booth across the room was an old, fat British man that looked like Alfred Hitchcock. I kid you not. Magical.

Then I went grocery shopping and finally unpacked! 'Twas a good feeling.

The next morning we went as a group to Camden Markets (outdoor markets with touristy stuff and other stuff also) I bought a touristy but classy bag because I liked it and also I needed a bigger bag to carry the stuff I needed around with me. You can see it in this picture of me and Jeff riding on the Tube:


Later we went to see King Lear at the National Theater. Words cannot express how amazing it was. Those actors absolutely must be emotionally and physically exhausted after each and every performance. It was beautifully designed and perfectly executed and I only wish I was more familiar with Shakespeare.


Collin and I making serious faces because it's a serious play (seriously).

This morning (Sunday) we went to Church in a British ward (duh?) and they had a special Sunday school class for visitors because they get so many visitors. Next week we'll be split between several wards.

Then we made our way to Westminster Abbey, where we attended a service called Evensong. It was so beautiful and inspiring, not even mentioning the actual building. The music and the vastness was...belittling? For lack of a better word. I couldn't not think of the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ while I was in there. He talked about Saint Peter and how he had faults but he was still a Man of God and a Saint. He said that we, too, have faults but that doesn't mean we can't be good. It was amazing.

I am very unpredictable, which is why...

...you should always take multiple pictures.


Group! Me, Collin, Ethan, Drew, Daniel, Thomas

Selfie! Daniel, Drew, Collin, Ethan, Me, Thomas


This is where the Royal Wedding happened, right?






Anyway, London is beautifully amazing. I love it. Also, I have never seen so many cool cars in my life. We live in a really nice part of town. There's a Ferrari store just around the corner. Whaaaaaa?

A neat building

Westminster Cathedral

Very large picture of a cat

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I am already enjoying your adventures so much - keep them coming! We missed you today at Morgan's farewell, but glad you're having such a great time. Savor every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete